Have I Lost My Way? Conversations With Myself...

 


Me:  I think I've lost my way.

Self:  Why do you think that?


Me:  Everyone says I have because I don't want to be bothered with them.

Self:  Why don't you want to be bothered with them?


Me:  Because they are stuck in the same muck that didn't benefit me when I was bothered with them before.

Self:  So what's wrong with you wanting to move on?


Me:  They tell me I am not suppose to want to move on from them and that they need me.

Self:  Okay, so how do you feel about that?


Me:  I want them to move on to someone else and cherish the memories.

Self:  Why won't you tell them that?


Me:  I tried.  They seem unable to accept it.

Self:  By the way, who are they?


Me:  Family.

Self:  What about friends?


Me:  Friends are not a bother.  I don't see them much these days due to current conditions  Is that okay?

Self:  If you're okay with it, it's okay.  I don't think you have much of a choice about that.


Self:  How can I let go of people without making them feel I don't want them, when I can't help them?

Self:  I think you meant to type Me above.


Me:  You're right.  Can you please answer my question.

Self:  First you need to know what you want and you have to trust the process.


Me:  Peace.  I want peace.  I don't trust that many humans can facilitate peace with me, but my cat does it well.

Self:  I think you are hurting.


Me:  In tears.  I think you are right.  I don't know exactly why I'm hurting, which is why I think I've lost my way.

Self:  So you feel you need to know why you hurt in order to stay found?  You are basing your beingness on pain.


Me:  Something like that.

Self:  I remember you've been disappointed, but mostly by your own expectations.  Where did these expectations come from?


Me:  Spiritual teachings, Harlequin Romance novels and TV.

Self:  All of the above are based on myths and stories.  Perhaps you need to change your expectations and base them on what you need and on reality.  What do you need from others?  Be realistic.


Me:  I think I need to know they care.  I need loyalty and discretion.  I don't need jealousy or envy.  I don't need a lot of friends -- just a few good men or women.

Self:  It does not sound like you are asking for too much.


Me:  I don't think so.

Self:  What are you willing to give?


Me:  The same, but only to a few people who are worthy.

Self:  Where do you think they might be?


Me:  Probably somewhere wishing the same thing as me.

Self:  Open yourself up to the Divine to configure your heart for them and you'll be led to them.


Me:  I believe that and I can't wait to meet them.

Self:  Until next time...